LONGITUDINALLY FINNED TUBES
Swissxer utilizes Longitudinal Finned Tubes to enhance the performance of their heat exchangers.
Finned Tubes are best utilized when a large heat transfer coefficient difference exists between the inside and outside of the tube.
For instance, use Longitudinal Fins when:
1) Fluid with a High Heat Transfer Rate on the tube side.
2) Fluid with a Low Heat Transfer Rate on the shell side.
Advantages of Longitudinal Finned Tubes:
- Provide 8 to 12 times the heat transfer area of bare tubes.
- Are more efficient than bare tubes.
- Provide smaller exchangers due to increased Heat Transfer area.
- Often provide a more economical selection.
- Fins can be "Cut & Twist" to increase shell side fluid turbulence and improve heat transfer.
We can supply Finned Tubes from 5/8" OD tubes to 12" pipe; fin heights from heights 0.21" to 1-1/2" high; and most common metallurgies.
© Swissxer S.A. All rights reserved. | Site Index